About this website
This website is owned by Dr. Ronan Kavanagh, a doctor based in Co. Galway Ireland. Dr Kavanagh is a controller of personal data for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which governs the collection, storage and processing of personal data and is effective in Ireland from 25 May 2018.
Personal Data processed
We respect your right to privacy and will maintain any personal information we hold about you in accordance with GDPR. We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to market to you.
We collect personal data relating to you for reasons of medical diagnosis, provision of healthcare, management of healthcare and ensuring quality of healthcare.
Non-personal Data processed
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include (but is not limited to) the browser type, IP Address, the type of device, screen size, and technical information about users method of connection to our website, such as OS, the ISP used and other similar information.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing online payments
- Processing repeat prescription forms
- Conducting statistical analysis
- Improving user experience
We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients in connection with the purposes listed above:
- to third parties who provide services to us, such as professional advisers, auditors and IT service providers
- to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
This website contains links to other websites which you can choose to click on to visit. We are not responsible for the content or cookie collection practises on other websites.
Retention of Data
We will retain your personal data and maintain a record of your payments and other interactions with us for as long as we are required for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain your personal data for the purposes of providing access to our website and related services to you and generally as required by law or applicable regulation and for the exercise or defence of legal claims (generally for 7 years).
Your rights as a user of this website
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to applicable exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access the personal data that we hold about you, and other information about our processing of that personal data
- the right to require us to rectify any inaccuracies in your personal data
- the right to require us to erase your personal data
- the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes
- the right to object to our use of your personal data or the way in which we process it
- the right to request us to transmit your personal data to a third party, or to give you a copy of it so that you can transmit it to a third party, where technically feasible
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes GDPR.