- Covid 19 Vaccination Update for Rheumatology patients 31/3/2021 - Many of those who are on immunosuppressive drugs and attending a rheumatologist may be confused or concerned about recent changes to the Covid 19 vaccination priorities in the Republic of Ireland. This is to reassure you that if you are considered at increased risk of Covid 19 infection because of your illness or your medical ...Read the Rest
- Which Covid Vaccine is the best? - A lot has been made in the media about the relative effectiveness of the different vaccines for Covid 19. There is a perception out there that certain vaccines (eg Pfizer /Moderna) might be better than certain others (Astra Zeneca / Johnson and Johnson). The bottom line, whatever you might read, is that they are all ...Read the Rest
- Covid Vaccination update March 10th 2021 - Here are some more videos that I have prepared for patients currently attending me – about Covid 19 vaccinations, who is included (and who is not) in the new Category 4 vaccination group, an update on Methotrexate and vaccination, and on my own experience of being vaccinated (very positive!). Summary: For the moment only patients ...Read the Rest
- Welcoming patients back in person. - Until recently we have been trying to manage as many of our existing patients remotely using a combination of video consultations and phone. This has worked well and we will be using this facility for our patients – along side in-person care, into the future. But as the curve continues to flatten, and as social ...Read the Rest
- Rheumatology Appointments During Corona Virus Pandemic (Revised 06/04/2020) - This is to reassure patients under my care I remain available to provide a service to my patients at this difficult time and intend to do so throughout this pandemic. I have a duty of care to the hundreds of patients I see every month, many of whom are particularly vulnerable at this time, and ...Read the Rest
Dr. Ronan Kavanagh is a rheumatologist based in the Galway Clinic.